Teacher-driven writing education
826DC partners with teachers to develop and deliver project-based writing instruction, based on each classroom’s existing needs and learning objectives. Together, with the support of 826DC staff and guest teaching artists in each session, the students hone in on specific writing skills and other parts of the writing process.
Find answers to your questions
The program is 100% free to schools, teachers, and students.
- A memoir-through-food-writing project with 11th grade students
- Realistic fiction with 7th grade students
Middle School Journalism Club
- A life swap historical fiction project with 4th grade students
- High school and college admissions essay support
- Letter writing with ESL high school students
- Creating a “podcast quilt” of identity interviews
If you’re interested in hosting 826DC in your classroom, the first step is to fill out the Teacher Interest Form. We ask for a minimum of four weeks advance notice for most In-School Writing, Editing, and Publishing partnerships.