Lend us your insight and imagination.
826DC volunteers are committed members of the DC community who participate year round as mentors, teachers, and companions to brilliant young writers. From revising sonnets, to playing Ping-Pong, to fine-tuning homework assignments, we’ll work with you to find opportunities that leverage your unique talents and empower our 2,500 students.
Take the next step
How to volunteer
From revising sonnets, to playing ping-pong at a fundraiser, to fine-tuning homework assignments, we’ll work with you to find opportunities that leverage your unique talents and empower our approximately 2,000 students.
All 826DC volunteers must be 18 or older, receive clearance from District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS), and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Per our COVID-19 safety policies, proof of vaccination is required before you can join us in-person at an 826DC program.
How to Volunteer:
- Fill out our volunteer interest form to tell us about yourself and your availability.
- RSVP to attend a virtual volunteer orientation.
- Start the DCPS clearance process. (This can take a while—we’ll guide you each step of the way!)
- Share your proof of vaccination.
- Explore our volunteer calendar and sign up for your first shift!