If you’ve ever visited Tivoli’s Astounding Magic Supply Co. on a Saturday, you’ve probably met Cedric Brown, our awesome Deputy Store Manager!
Here are 12 reasons why volunteering at the 826DC storefront might just be the best part of your Saturday, according to Cedric:
- 1. You have a reason not to make it to brunch.
- 2. You don’t care about college football anyway.
- 3. You get to hang out in the heart of DC without talking about politics.
- 4. You like the thought of getting some retail experience.
- 5. You get a quiet place to get some of your extra work done.
- 6. Writing fortunes for our Clairvoyant Vending Machine is the perfect procrastination activity.
- 7. As a volunteer, you get a rare chance to save money in DC: a 25% discount at our store.
- 8. You get to spend time in CoHo.
- 9. You can play your own (family-friendly) music.
- 10. You can finally realize your dream of being a magician—for 2-3 hours.
- 11. You can read all of 826DC’s student publications.
- 12. You love DC and you get to help make it a little more magical.
If you aren’t an 826DC volunteer yet, you can get started here.
If you’re already a volunteer with us on the programs side, that’s great! We’d love to have you join us in the store, too. Sign up for your first store shift and then email Sarah, our Development and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’ll make sure that someone is on site to train you.
We can’t wait to work with you! Let’s make some magic happen.